Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Day 224 ... no time to play ...

Don't think I've really played online since the tail end of last week ... It doesn't feel like I've got much else done so far this week but I must have, then again it's Wednesday and this blog entry was sposed to be Monday's so I've ended up putting it down as Tuesday.

The home game on Friday night went well - Echo made a nice stack by the end of the night which must be making up for some last years nights which is good. I ended up down £20 which was ok - my logic on home games now is - the same night out down the pub would be an easy £20 so I've got a theoretical £240 annual poker budget before it's even cost me anything lol. That's sounding a bit too much like the logic of a gambler to me ... hell I'm still £500 up from last year even though I've got no idea what I' did with it.

Anyway it turned out to be a most sociable evening. Shrek's mate didn't turn up but hope he makes the next one. We had a table of five so next time with the other couple of regulars back we will probably have a full table for March game.

Sundays 4kingpoker Tour games were successful on the whole - kicked off with a $50 freeroll at UltimateBet with 30 players - I finished 8th. Beeee was rather unlucky beaten when Cro_boy called an all-in preflop and caught a lone 10 on the river to make a pair, Beeee's AK finding nothing on the way.

I was playing and trying to sort out the entries for the next tounie which isn't a great game plan - so much so that I forgot to enter myself for the tournie at Titan ... I was watching the other game and trying to get people passwords to them at the last minute. We got a 125 entering the Titan $50 Freeroll which made interesting viewing - the final table got halved quickly after a 4 way all-in was won with 55 making trips against 66 and the other couple with pictures.

After 8 events (20) The 4kingpoker Tour leaderboard looks like this -

1. F A T 20pts
2. scrawnybob 19pts
3. BDMK 11pts
4. four ducks 10pts
5. frankovic22 10pts
6. pokerchamp69 10pts
7. Chopper 10pts
8. scott145 10pts
9. Cro_boy 10pts
10. Beeee 9pts

Launched www.badbeatornot.com my poker odds calculator site, hopefully it will be useful to the forum members and might be another site that I can develop into something a bit bigger at some stage - anyway it's a nice simple but effective heads up texas holdem odds calculator - so check it out.

The rest of the time I've been tidying up the reviews and adding some new ones and a couple more articles - I've just checked out WPTonline and got a short review up with some early impressions - I really like it, the software is really slick - let's just hope the player volume picks up a bit - more on that another time.

4kingpoker tournaments ... The 4kingpoker Series this Sunday ...

This Sunday 5th March 3pm EST $5+0.5 buy-in playing through PokerRoom, HoldemPoker & EuroPoker

Trying to get the tournies at the PokerRoom Network off the ground ... Can't do any freerolls as they don't offer them so we've got a $5+0.5 game - once we've got it going I'm hoping to have a monthly game there and run it as a series of 5 tournies - the overall winner of the series will get a 500 piece poker chip set on top of the prize money.

No comments: