Monday, March 27, 2006

Day 250 ... 200 chips to winner ...

The 4kingpoker Tour went to Royal Vegas Poker on Saturday and it was without doubt the most surreal experience I've had at a poker table. Starting with 61 entries and it was loose and crazy all the way. Within the first 45mins we had be cut down to 25. After a reasonable start I was in serious trouble and playing really tight. In fact I narrowly scraped in to make the final table with 200 chips. And this was where the fun (I use the term loosely) seems to begin. I'd continued to play tight but ultimately was going to have to make a stand at some point. All I can say was everytime I went into a pot it was for all my money ... and no matter what I came up smelling of roses.

If I went in ahead ... I won.
If I went in on a coin flip ... I won.
If I went in a dog ... I still won.

By the end of it I finished 1st sitting with 60,000 in chips and with a hell of alot of pissed players scratching their heads and reaching for the odds calculators (I recommend badbeatornot.com of course). I can only say I've never seen so much luck and I take my hat off to all the players at the final table ... thanks for putting up with me ... but it just goes to show with a chip, a chair and some lucky breaks you can win.

Poker Heaven ... $28.19

$10 cash NL 0.10 ... $ 00.00 ... -$10.00

$3+0.30 SnG full ... 4th ... - $ 3.30
$3+0.30 SnG full ... 4th ... - $ 3.30
$3+0.30 SnG full ... 3rd ... + $ 2.70
$3+0.30 SnG full ... 3rd ... + $ 2.70
$3+0.30 SnG full ... 2nd ... + $ 5.70

Poker Heaven ... $ 28.19 ... -$ 5.50 ... total $22.65 (-$27.35)

Not a great day but at least the results got better. Still frustrated as I really like Poker Heaven, it plays well and the players don't but it just doesn't seem to be coming together for me yet. Hope I can keep what little I have left going and start hitting some consistent wins.

Bad Beat of the Day ... I can only say that I served my annual quota of bad beats out in the tournie at Royal Vegas on Saturday - Totally unreal and too many to list here ... and I don't want to rub salt into the wounds.

No comments: