Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Day 251 ... Looking forward to PokerHeaven Tournie ...

I'm really looking forward to the Poker Heaven tournie on Sunday as part of the 4kingpoker Tour, hope it provides an opportunity to prove that I can do ok even without the massive amount of luck I got at Royal Vegas - but we'll see.

Poker Heaven ... $22.69

$3+0.30 SnG full ... 4th ... - $ 3.30
$3+0.30 SnG full ... 10th ... - $ 3.30

$5+0.50 SnG full ... 4th ... - $ 3.30

$8.39 cash NL 0.10 ... $ 15.99 ... + $ 7.60
$8.00 cash NL 0.10 ... $ 1.70 ... - $ 6.30

$3+0.30 SnG full ... 1st ... + $11.70
$3+0.30 SnG full ... 4th ... - $ 3.30

Poker Heaven ... $ 22.69 ... -$ 4.60 ... total $18.09 (-$31.91)

I'm really scrapping around at the moment, a couple of early bad beats didn't help but getting a 1st just about stemmed the flow.

Bad Beat of the Day ... Today I got my pocket KK's crushed twice, both times by the same hand Ace 9 first suited then offsuit.

First off I went all-in with KK and got called by A9 suited putting me a 67.1% favourite before the flop - on the flop everything went to pot as they hit and ace and a nine.

Second game I went out 10th on the first hand - I made a reasonable 3x pot raise pre-flop with KK and got one caller. Flop came down 10d, 2d, - so I wanted to get him all-in as I figured him for Akicker or high cards or a middle pair but not AA - OK if he had 10 10 then I was beat fair and square but I was reckoning on a strong hand but weaker than mine. The last thing I wanted to do was give him a free cards if he had 4 to the flush. So I raised just short of his all-in and he come over the top for all his money and I call. Nice I'm thinking when he turns over Ad 9o - He has only got an ace high and drawing with 3 diamonds to the flush. On the flop this makes me an very strong 82.15% favourite. His only outs an ace or hitting runner runner diamonds. Yep he then hits two diamonds on the bounce. I still cannot believe anyone would call a big preflop raise with A9 off on the first hand and even less so see the flop and think it's improved them. Even I wasn't playing such daft hands in the tournie at Royal Vegas.

No comments: