Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Unwisely I decide to sign-up in two tournies starting within 20mins of each other.

Day 41 ... $ 70-80

Randomly decided as I went to bed to play a couple of the bigger tournies - I'd really like to get better at them and although they take a chunk out of my bankroll I figure now and again won't do too much harm.

Rather unwisely I decide to sign-up in two tournies with 20mins between start times - a $ 5+0.5 (max 1000) paying top 20 places and the $2 rebuy $ 4000 frenzy (max 1000) paying the top 130 places

• $5+0.5 NL freezeout ... 30th / 296 ... - $ 5.50

Held on playing tight, made a bit with QQ and then after 45mins I'm all-in with 67 after the flop comes down 67J - get up to $ 4225 (39th).

Boosted again up to $ 8550 when my KK stands up ok against JJ was really tough call - I was pretty much committed with more than half my stack before the flop - flop came down A-K ... really tough call as I had put him on AA or AK maybe a lower pair but figured I had to go with trip kings - OK against anything other than AA and I needed to keep up the momentum.

On the hour again got KK and played them hard before the flop - 3 way all-in after the flop came down 6-- the first guy showed 66 but I'd stoked another bigger stack in so came out with a healthy side pot ($ 10000)

Lost out on a similar situation later with KK against 99 and dropped badly down to $ 385 - managed to survive and get back up steadily and was getting within sight of the money. Got dealt AA I was short stacked early position and so went all-in (about 3 times BB) figuring to at least steal the blinds or get one caller - which would have been fine - caller showed 99 ... flop came --9. End of story 30th place - ten away from the money - but really please with how I played.

• $2+0 NL rebuy $ 4000 frenzy ... 43rd / 1000 ... win $ 19.60 ... + $ 17.60

This started 20 mins after the $ 5+0.5 so it was never a great plan and I'm not sure how much playing two tables helped me or hindered me - in the end I got well into the money. 4 hrs of play to net $ 12.10 isn't anything to shout about but its a personal best for me - so I'm chuffed.

All-in AA early took me up to $2580. came unstuck with KA suited ($ 1760) and after 2hrs of tight aggressive premium hand only (well mostly) selection I was on $ 3416. Got nearer the magic 130 places and was hanging in for dear life - a couple of risky all-ins like 77 all-in on a 3 diamond flop one of them the 7d and I was just about in the money.
Ended up playing for another hour or so and finished 43rd.

Day 41 $ 70.80 + $ 12.10 total $ 82.90 (- $49.10)


........ www.4kingpoker.com ........ dont get bitter - get better ........
rules • poker tips • forums • reviews • articles • competitions • news

No comments: