Sunday, January 15, 2006

Day 179 ... 4kingpoker tour tournies tonight ...

Looking forward to the online tournies tonight - always a bit of a juggling contest in the first one trying to play and organise the next one but after Friday nights fiasco I need to get my head down and not mess about.

So Friday was great fun but ultimately as predicted I lost money - not really a surprise given that I'd already posted here sometime last week the plan was to get tanked up (for me anywhere past 1 pint is the danger zone) and lose some money.

Well I think I said I could win tanked up - but also predicted I wouldn't - and at the end of the day it was kind of fun sitting there being like a naughty kid in class playing and doing all the things you know are wrong - the night got off to a great start when i knocked a glass of red off the end of the table on my first deal, managed to down a bottle of wine and a whole can of larger (by which time I was sure to be in trouble) and spent the last hour holding and playing cards when I rather of been holding my head over the toilet.

So played badly but did get beat on a couple of mares - hit 2pair with K7 rimmer turns over KK.
The rest was a bit of a blurr of failed bullying and wastefully trying to push people off hands - although I did manage to play 24off, 4Koff and 84off as automatic bluff hands with some success ultimately deciding this was a more interesting approach and that after combining clumsyness, the 13th & friday I was going home broke anyway I may as well go for it - they always say there is no such thing as a failed bluff.

Plus I must mention at this point that all the players at the home game are not only stunningly good looking lady magnets but also expert poker players. (this sentence was brought to you by dougal adsents)

Anyway just in case anyone else is actually reading this, we tried out a tournie format which while interesting to play and to watch, but does tend to drag and my place isn't really the most spacious or luxurious place to relax while not playing so after a couple of hours we got back to the cash game. Which wasn't wholy successful for me but it could have been worse.

tournie result (8 seated) rimmer 1st 80pts, professor 2nd 50pts, shrek 3rd 30pts

and overall tournie & cash result for Jan 2006

1. rimmer +135 pts
2. crazylegs +75.5 pts
3. haven +32.50 pts
4. shrek -12 pts
5. the professor -38 pts
6. the echo -60 pts
7. scrawnybob -60 pts
8. fatboy -73 pts


Poker tip of the day ... Mood, chasing loses, taking a break & walking the dog.
Dont even think about playing poker if you not really in the mood. Dont play if your thinking more about your money than the cards in front of you. Take a break if your not playing well. Dont try to squeeze in a session - if your thinking about work / got to walk the dog / make an appointment - leave the cards for another time - youve probably just saved a load of your bankroll - just as good as a win

Poker blog of the day ... Bill Rini Blog
"I knew I was destined to become the world’s best poker player. As a child I was an egotistical sociopath prone to delusions of grandeur".

No comments: