Monday, April 03, 2006

Day 256 ... New Improved Poker Blog ...

Weather Report, Alaska

Barrow -11F Mostly Cloudy
Fairbanks 28F Scattered Clouds
Juneau 45F Overcast

Kodiak 43F Overcast
Nome 8F Clear
Valdez 30F

Now I know nothing about the weather but I thought it would just be damn cold everywhere in Alaska - my holiday recommendation on the face of it would be Juneau, if your planning a trip to Alaska, but ski conditions might not be so favourable ... but then what the hell do I know about Alaska ... and what the hell has it got to do with poker ?

Well thats kicked off my new approach on writing a "successful" (poker) blog - So far it seems if in doubt just chuck something random in.

Over the next few weeks from my early research of successful blogging I should be -

a) Posting up a scary picture of myself trapped in the 1970's and acquiring several cats and a terapin called Bernard - preferably mentioning / photographing them endlessly.

b) Giving myself a totally street / gangster name or that of a 70's rock star and combining this with an brand of alcohol or else using an improbable triple barrelled surname prefixed with either Muriel, Dorothy or Ethel.

c) Playing an unreal amount of high stakes online poker preferably attempting to qualify for the WSOP or WPT only buying in to MTT tournaments with a ticket price of at least $350 ... ideally on a daily basis.

d) Somehow be able to trawl through the entire news / humour output of the internet and find and post the best of it complete with commentary and wit.

The only problem with actually using this new found formula for creating a successful and popular blog is -

1) I am not called Muriel and don't wish to own a terapin called Bernard.

2) My nickname is scrawnybob purely because - I'm scrawny compared to my mate who is maybe a bit stocky and my name is Bob.

3) If I could afford to play $300 MMT's and win them I sure as hell wouldn't spend my time writing a blog - if I played $300 MTT and didn't win I sure as hell would be more worried about being addicted and penniless than writing a blog.

This blog is about low-stakes beer money poker for a reason - Most poker players are not going to win the World Series of Poker or even generally ... Some of us will at best keep up with the rake ... Most will not ... A few will win - Alot will tell you they win.

The way I look at it ... Decide what you can afford to loose and enjoy playing with that to the best of your ability ... if you can improve then great but at least you won't go broke.

4) I am rubbish with and not that interested in technology - I vaguely know what a scart socket is, have no idea how SKYPE works, I don't have a webcam and the only way I'm likely to find anything funny off the internet is if I go through my trash box thing and dig out all the not very funny email attachments my friends send me when they've got bored standing next to the office coffee machine discussing Big Brother but still can't face actually doing what they're being paid for.

Which does by some coincidence bring me to another pointless thought not related to poker -

Watching the half dozen or so dullard's who are suposedly the best genius potential the UK business world has to offer pancing around on "The Apprentice" - Just how retarded were the other 1,200 applicants ?

Fair play Sir Alan Sugar seems like a top bloke but I wish he had a gun instead of his pointy finger when they get fired, better still a machine gun in the first episode ... I've never seen a bigger bunch of muppets on TV unless you count my brief viewing of Big Brother in 2001.

Mind you, you've got to question his judgement when it came to last week firing Jo the gobbly one in preference to that complete chinless wonder who I think is called Sam ... What a waste of space.

Anyway that's enough random and pointless waffle, I haven't played any low-stakes online poker today - because I had other stuff to do.

4kingpoker stuff ...

Tour results at Poker Heaven ... We ended up with a small single table affair, I came an unimpressive 5th and Fatboy came in 2nd. Got a nice AK suited on the first hand making nut flush but got too agressive and Fatboy ducked for cover, after that it was junk and no patience. But it was fun all the same.

1 comment:

SirFWALGMan said...

lol. No problem. When I run short on Blogs of the month your it! heh. It should happen soon.. I got next month fixed up but after that who knows.