Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Day 293 ... Mental at PokerHeaven ...

I really should be keeping up with my random picks from the net but haven't had a chance - but hey it's Wordsicle Watch Wednesday tomorrow.

• 4kingpoker Losses Update

PokerHeaven ... $70.00

$5+0.50 SnG full ... 3rd ... + $ 4.50
$5+0.50 SnG full ... 10th ... - $ 5.50
$5+0.50 SnG full ... 8th ... - $ 5.50
$5+0.50 SnG full ... 3rd ... + $ 4.50

$10+1 SnG full ... 5th ... - $11.00

$10 cash NL 0.10 ... $10.20 ... +$ 0.20

$5+0.50 SnG full ... 3rd ... + $ 4.50
$10+1 SnG full ... 2nd ... + $19.00
$10+1 SnG full ... 10th ... - $11.00

$50+4 SnG full ... 5th ... + $54.00

$10 cash NL 0.10 ... $00.00 ... - $10.00
$4.70 cash NL 0.10 ... $00.00... - $ 4.70

Poker Heaven ... $70 ... - $ 70.00 ... total $ 00.00 (- $50.00)

I totally lost the plot today - I mean super random and then unlucky but could have been patient anyway.

I was getting frustrated with just going up a bit and down a bit. So when the only available nearly full game was a $50 SnG I somehow convinced myself this was some kind of sign. Before my sensible side (screaming bankroll management) had a chance to step in I was sat at the table.

I played one hand badly early on and ended up committed - by the time it had got to the river I had managed to escape with barely 400 chips (starting stack 2000). Anyway the table was much wilder than expected and one player (unfortunately immediately to my left) was dominating with 12000+ of the chips and in no time there were 5 of us left in. At this stage I actually started to figure how long I could survive doing nothing and just pick up 3rd. But with only 300 chips left even with the blinds at 50-100 it was going to be a bit of a toss up if I could hide under a rock and get a place. I go through the blinds and find myself on the button with JA and a tricky decision -

On the one hand I could fold all the way round and hope (as everyone was short stacked, but not as bad as me)that 2 more players take themsleves out.

On the other hand I could see they were all starting to have the same thoughts and with the advantage of acting after the big stack (I had to act immediately before). Anyway I was going to have to make up some more chips even to survive.

So I decide it's now of never, I mean AJ isn't great but it might be the best I see in the next 3 hands and then I'd committed anyway. So all-in I go, big stack calls on the SB and BB folds - Ends up JA against 34off so not too bad - but I loose anyway.

Once I'd blown 2/3rd of my bankroll in one game the rest of it rapidly followed. So now I've gone broke at another site.

Guess I'll be at HoldemPoker trying to make up the shortfall. I've so far deposited $600 at various sites for this $50 a month experiment which will reach it's 1st brithday in June - so I've got a month to turn somewhere around $150 at HoldemPoker into $600. I'm not that optomistic but hell I'll have a go.



• 4kingpoker stuff

4kingpoker Noble Ticket Tournaments ... We have added 3 new tournament played at Noble Poker starting this Saturday 13th. The first is a $2+0.20 buy-in and the winner will get a ticket to Noble 10K Guaranteed Tournament worth $33 and a shot at $10,000 prize fund. The following Saturday we have a $5+0.50 buy-in tournie to win a ticket for the Noble 25K Guaranteed Tournament and then on Saturday 27th May a $10+1 buy-in to win a ticket for the 100K guaranteed tournament ... This is going to give 3 members of the forum a shot at some life-changing winnings.

4kingpoker Titan Series II ... The next game in the series is this Sunday 14th May and is a $3+0.30 buy-in with $50 added. The series is over 5 tournies + a final. Again it will be a mix of $50 freerolls & $3+0.30 buy-ins with $50 added and the top 25 players on the leaderboard will be invited to play in the final ($3+0.30 buy-in with $50 added) and the overall winner will receive an added prize for 1st place - $50 Amazon voucher or similar. (passwords will be in the forum)

4kingpoker Tour ... This month we will be at WPTonline for a $50 freeroll at the end of May. Registration is via PM latest 26hrs before tournie start.

NB. From 1st May you will need at least 5 posts in the forum in order to unlock the passwords section of the forum. It updates every 24hrs so miss out on the tournies because you haven't made enough posts and allowed 24hrs for it to update.



Sign-up Exclusive at Titan Poker ... For 4kingpoker members & visitors. New players deposit at Titan poker through out banners and using BONUS CODE: 4kingpoker will get entered FREE for our 25 seat free $250 tournament & the 100% up to $500 deposit bonus. More Info

Poker Blog of the Week ... Poker Dan Dan the Poker Man's Poker Blog.

 

No comments: