Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Day 308 ... Monday came & went ...

• Wordsicle Watch

I haven't had any recent photography jobs involving bulls**t motivational speakers to listen to for inspiration. So while randomly going through the internet in search of wordsicles I thought I'd google "wordsicle" out of interest.

It's never ceases to amaze me at the dross on the internet - these strange automatic blogs that "scrape" I think its called for snippets of possibly relevant text -

Yep - my pointless ranting about wordsicles seem to have got picked up by several sites selling wedding products in Vegas and one for Titan mowers & Day 293 of my blog seems somehow relevant to dog collectables - Just when I thought business jargon was the most important issue for the world (oh and global warming) I find people actually wasting their time to produce totally random blogs in some kind of vain hope of making a buck.

I did however find some useful resources in the fight against meaningless business jargon. Check out - BuzzWack

Which handily reminds me of some wordsicles that have bugged me in the past but try to forget - I honestly struggle when an English person comes out with what is really Americanized ;-) business jargon - It sounded w**k when they said it, what makes you think saying it in Bracknell will suddenly fix it ? It's still to coin another wordsicle - Nothing Speak

Facilitator ... Organiser.

Zerotasking ... I'm bored I've cleared my in tray.

Nothing Speak ... Blah blah blah.

Take note Speading Jargonese is a Recipe for Failure

It's been a bit of a busy few days - I've just launched another poker site which I have been working on - still got a few things to iron out before I really start to push it, so still under wraps until I get a bit more content. Hence my Monday post not happening and this one being rather hurried.

Titan tournie went well this weekend apart from the winner being a player who clearly wasn't in the forum - depressing as the only way they could have played is if someone in the forum gave out the password - unfortunately nothing we can do about it - One of the joys of being a webmaster :-(

• 4kingpoker Losses Update

Holdem Poker ... $137.33

$5+0.50 SnG ... 1st ... +$19.50
$10+1 SnG ... 2nd ... +$19.00
$10+1 SnG ... 10th ... -$11.00
$10+1 SnG ... 1st ... +$39.00

$25 cash 0.25 ... $31.80 ... + $6.80
$25 cash 0.25 ... $34.25 ... + $9.25
$25 cash 0.25 ... $25.95 ... + $0.95

$5+0.50 SnG ... 3rd ... +$4.50
$5+0.50 SnG ... 4th ... -$5.50
$10+1 SnG ... 4th ... -$11.00
$10+1 SnG ... 8th ... -$11.00
$5+0.50 SnG ... 7th ... -$5.50

HoldemPoker ... $137.33 ... + $65.00 ... total $202.33(+ $158.33)

Combination of the last few days at Holdempoker has taken me over the $200 mark - steady but unremarkable progress but definately better not playing so much and actually setting down to either play or not play poker.

• 4kingpoker stuff

4kingpoker Tour ... This month we will be at WPTonline for a $50 freeroll at this Sunday 28th May. Registration is via PM latest 26hrs before tournie start.

NB. From 1st May you will need at least 5 posts in the forum in order to unlock the passwords section of the forum. It updates every 24hrs so miss out on the tournies because you haven't made enough posts and allowed 24hrs for it to update.

Sign-up Exclusive at Titan Poker ... 18/25 seat left For 4kingpoker members & visitors. New players deposit at Titan poker through out banners and using BONUS CODE: 4kingpoker will get entered FREE for our 25 seat free $250 tournament & the 100% up to $500 deposit bonus. More Info

Poker Blog of the Week ... Weak Player's Poker Blog A blog about Weak Player's developement as a poker player.


No comments: