Thursday, July 28, 2005

The end is near I can smell it - which in itself as much as seals my fate.

Day 7 ... $ 11.15

• $ 8.00 NL 0.25 cash game ... $ 12 ... + $4.00

• $ 8.00 NL 0.25 cash game ... $ 16.40 ... + $8.40

Cool unadventurous but promising I'm making a bit of progress, not bankrupt just yet

• $ 8.00 NL 0.25 cash game ... $ 0 ... - $8.00

So it was just a bit of luck then

• Freeroll $500 added ... 852nd out of 2400 ... Freeroll

I'm too pre-occupied to concentrate and have any patience, well even more so than usual - the fact that I'm prob not going to have any cash left by the end of today isn't helping. Added to which I've got the lads coming round tomorrow night for our monthly game and Ive got a table top to sort out as our games have now grown to a 8+ players from our originally sporadic 3-5

so the freeroll in summary - I came, I folded, I played badly and I ended up blinded away and going all-in with 74 off. I got a highly deserved 852nd place - hard to believe there were another 1548 worse players than me - but there we are.

And with that great positive mental attitude what better idea than to go hell for leather with my remaining money into a cash game. No point putting it into a couple of tournies I'll only end up coming 2nd at best which is never going get me back on track. Oh boy was this blog ever well titled - "4kingpoker losses"

• $ 8.00 NL 0.25 cash game ... $ 0 ... - $8.00

• $ 7.55 NL 0.25 cash game ... $ 0 ... - $7.55

Well there you go - short and not particularly sweet but the only definative result in poker - broke

Now you might think to yourself, well in a couple of days I can cash up again - well no - I started this a few days before the start of the month, planning I guess to get a bit of a head start on my cash. I reality I've managed to blow the budget before its original start date.

Now I could cash up again on the 1st - in the interests of any reader(s) of course - but that would be breaking the only rule.

So its freerolls from here to the end of August - Maybe just maybe I can finish in the money then I'll can run headlong into the nearest cash game and blow the $12 win in about 10 minutes - Which would be nice.

........ www.4kingpoker.com ........ dont get bitter - get better ........
rules • poker tips • forums • reviews • articles • competitions • news

No comments: