Saturday, July 23, 2005

Got $ 10 free bonus retribution money which was nice, prob gonna blow that with a bit of time in a low stakes cash game later on today. It's the weekend so I dont tend to play much - much more fun playing when you should be working.

Day 2 ... $ 56 + $ 10 free bonus money ... $66

• $ 8 NL 0.25 cash game ... $ 0 ... - $8

Bugger - rule no2. Never play when you've got too many distractions around.

Still rotten at online cash games - trying to bet someone off a hand is like holding a pissing contest in a force ten gale - no matter how hard you try it still comes back at you - when will I learn ???

• $1 lucky dollar $ 2500 added ... 435th out of 2000 ... -$1

Playing steady lasted an uneventful 1st hour drifting steadily downwards - got impatient ended up going all-in with 55 against Ac2c flop came down

10s 4s 7h 3s 6c making me a straight 7 high - not what I expected but I'll take it

$3200 up to 367th / 708

Bit of a dilema later playing 72 suited (I know but I was in late position) - anyway flop comes down 2 2 K

Now usually I'd want to go hell for leather at this one way or another - but this guy "poker-fly" had been playing really well and this just didnt want to be my hand - bit of a bet / raise / re-raise made me put him on the K

What comes down on 4th yep another damn King

He was a nice guy - we both knew he had it ... he pondered and went all-in ... bout the only thing that might have reeled me in - yep I can talk myself into calling this kind of hand - I'm a doubter - but he had it and so I had to chuck it away. :-(

Coming up to 1 1/2 hrs and I get 6s 6d - flop 10d 7h 5d

Wanted to stay with it but got pushed off the pot and I'm sposed to be kicking old bad habits - lol the winner had QQ but the river came up 6

Even thinking about playing that will lead me back to the dark side. Blinds are up to $200 /400 and I've got $3300 puts me 321rd / 463

About five minutes later I hit A A ... re-raise pre flop ... Jh 3d 10h

There's $ 2000 in the pot and I figure I'm aready beat with trip J's but I need to make some progress so all-in to get anyone off the flush draw.

Guy turns over Ah 3h (not sure how you call a re-raise pre flop with that but still what the hell do I know) ... turn comes up 7h ... I'm out 435th - still its the best 90 mins I've spent for a while.

• $5+0.5 NL sit&go shorthanded ... 2nd ... win $ 7.50 ... + $ 2

I'm down to $830 with 9s As ... flop comes Js 8s 2c Jd Ks

I end up managing to stay in to the river and get very lucky, bet $ 410 iosan folds - bit foolhardy really as I think he hit the J on 4th but I was kind of committed anyway - lucky break that Ks

I call an all-in by "drumtown" on a flop of 559 with JJ against his 44

Eventually I end up finishing an uneventful 2nd - which might sum up the next 3 games

• $5+0.5 NL sit&go shorthanded ... 2nd ... win $ 7.50 ... + $ 2
• $5+0.5 NL sit&go shorthanded ... 2nd ... win $ 7.50 ... + $ 2
• $5+0.5 NL sit&go shorthanded ... 2nd ... win $ 7.50 ... + $ 2

I'm getting a bit sick of finish 2nd four times on the bounce - I'm playing ok most of the time but I need to push a bit more to get a win this is driving me bonkers

• $5+0.5 NL sit&go shorthanded ... 3rd ... loss $ 5.50 ... - $ 5.50

4king dismal - now I wish I was just notching up seconds lol

Now at this stage anyone sensible would have seen a pattern and quit. But no not I - I have to go throwing good loose change after bad

I need to move up a game get back into some money worth winning, I reason to myself (tosser)

• $10+1 NL sit&go shorthanded ... 4th ... loss $ 11 ... - $ 11

Muppet muppet muppet - I've learnt nothin, ignored common sense and regressed back to the fool chasing losses, playing tired and I'm gona be through my cash before I know it.

Repeat after me, I am a dumbass


Day two $ 66 (inc bonus) -$ 17.50 total $ 48.50 (+ $4.50) really crap

........ www.4kingpoker.com ........ dont get bitter - get better ........
rules • poker tips • forums • reviews • articles • competitions • news

No comments: